Family History Profiles offers professional services tailored to each client’s needs, from small profiles on an individual ancestor to more extensive documents on family clusters or someone with an unusually varied background. Everyone’s story is different and each recounting contains analysis of their unique context as well as period-specific influences. We source each piece of research and check all image copyrights, then compile your ancestor’s story into a printed and electronic document that you can share and pass down to future generations. Projects are strictly confidential.
Profile on One Ancestor
These documents focus on a single ancestor, although other family members are mentioned as relevant. These profiles run from about 10 to 20 illustrated pages.
Profile on Ancestor Groups
We produce larger documents if you want a group of ancestors portrayed. These can run from about 20 to 100 illustrated pages.
We offer digital restoration of blemished or faded old photographs, enhancing the image appearance and providing you with a back-up digital copy in case the original is lost or accidentally damaged.
Before calculating a quote, we need to know the following as guidance. Fees depend on the scope of each case.
- How many people do you want profiled and what size document/s would you like?
- What information do you already have (such as dates of birth, confirmation, marriage and death; or names of family members, including parents, siblings, spouse and children)?
- What are the names of places where the ancestors lived, if known?
- Do you have any photographs of people, places or heirlooms, certificates and other papers?
- If you decide to use our services, a deposit is required.
- Family History Profiles will then produce a detailed research plan for your approval.
- We will launch the project. It can take anything from one month to one year to complete, depending on the scope.
- We will speak periodically with you based on discoveries that come to light during the research.
- You will be invoiced for the remainder of the fee except for the final tenth.
- You will receive the draft document for review. If you have any suggestions, they will be incorporated, the text professionally edited and the document prepared in presentation format, both hard copy and digital. Once the final invoice is paid, the complete package is sent to you.